Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Sugar-Free Almond Mocha Latte

A number of weeks ago I stopped eating sugar, gluten, and most dairy because of some skin issues my breast-fed baby was having. It was pretty tough at first, but as I found good recipes it got easier. One thing I really missed was my morning coffee. I liked it pretty sweet, and my favourite way to have it was with a hearty glug of International Delight French Vanilla coffee creamer. I tried it with stevia and coconut milk, but it just tasted weird. 

But I've finally come up with something that tastes pretty good. You can adjust the sweetener to your taste.


Heat 1/2 cup almond milk in a small pot or in the microwave. Add 1/8 tsp vanilla and 10 drops liquid stevia. Foam with milk frother or immersion blender and set aside.


In a mug, place 1 tsp instant fair-trade coffee and 2 tsp fair-trade cocoa; add a bit of boiling water and stir well. Add 1/2 cup boiling water and stir again.


Pour in foamy milk mixture; stir and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment